Government Contracting/The requirements to start an insurance company in South Africa

Question
Hi
I would like know all the requirements to start an insurance company in South Africa. I am just an ambitious young chap who doesn't know much about business so I would be glad if I can get all the details step by step.

Thank you
France Mgibe Nyembe

Answer
Hi France,

This is a research question / project, and you indicate your location / residency as South Africa.

Local government resources will provide you all licensing, registrations and financial / taxation information to perfo0rm strat-up operations. The U.S. Dept. of State provides full info, services and links to local gov't agencies primarily provided to U.S. citizens, so SA may have similar resouces, you should check as all basic and intial info should be fress, barring licensing and other registration fees and such.

I would search queries like and similar to "doing insurance business in South Africa", you may find your self inundated with paths & returns, but should find all you need in first dozen or two pages of results.

Good Luck & Best Regards,

Gerry Caskey

Government Contracting

Gerry Caskey