Government Contracting/SATOC prime will not pay bills

Good evening,

I am a subcontractor on a AFB contract. I have supplied all materials and labor to complete the project.
The project was accepted as complete by the Military and the prime was paid in full.
I cannot get payments from the prime to pay the final balances due to the vendors and they are sueing me to recover.
The vendor is also sueing the prime.

I detailed my request for payment and the prime sent me a indimidating letter threatening action if I contacted the AFB, AFCESA or any other entity.

I have been forced out of business and am close to bankruptcy.

Is there anything I can do about this situation?

Highest regards,

Hi Mark,

Get in immediate contact with the CO / COR, which should have been first move at signs of trouble.

That is reason prime does not want you to notify the gov't, they run risk of being banned from contracting up to 5 yrs. and potential fines.

If you are a third tier sub, it may be more difficult, but any direct subs are certified by the primes as paid during closeout, so they have mislead / lied to the gov.

Good Luck !!
Gerry Caskey

Government Contracting

Gerry Caskey

Questions relating to all aspects of Federal Government Contracting, Small Business, Prime and Subcontracting issues. Resources and references to aid navigation of CFRS, FARS, DFARS, DOSAR, DTAR, ITAR, UCP 500, etc. Request for Proposal (RFP/RFQ) outlines, writing and submission requirements. CCR Registrations, ORCA compliance and SBA submissions. Consultancy in relationship development and marketing to Federal, Foreign, State and Local Governments, corporate entities.

25 years as a Prime Contractor with the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of State, FEMA, DHS and additional Federal Agencies. 22 years independent consulting in business intelligence and continuity, program management, proposal development, GSA Schedules and Awards, copyright and trademark administration, international trade.

Boeing Aerospace, Securitas, Triple Canopy, Raytheon, U.S. Dept. of State, U.S. Army (Europe), CENTCOM, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, Department of Homeland Security, FEMA, Virginia and D.C. Air National Guard, Governments of Afghanistan, Australia, Jordan, , New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Republic of China (Taiwan).