Government Contracting/MATOC Award (Company Ownership)

My company is one of four companies that were award a USACE Janitorial MATOC.   I have discovered through some research that two of the other companies share one of the same owners.  The owner in question is 49% owner in one of the companies and 24.5% owner of one of the other companies.  We are still required to bid on Task orders as they become available, it seems to me that shared ownership between selected contractors would not be permitted.  Where can I find this in the FAR or some other document.

Hi Eric,

This can possibly be a complex issue, off the top, unless one of the companies has claimed a status requiring 51% or greater ownership in award or set aside considerations, there may not be any issue involved.

While I cannot provide a legal opinion, you may want to start by querying the contracting officer to determine if there is any basis that can impact any contract stipulations or clauses that are specific to ownership.

Best Regards,

Gerry Caskey  

Government Contracting

Gerry Caskey

Questions relating to all aspects of Federal Government Contracting, Small Business, Prime and Subcontracting issues. Resources and references to aid navigation of CFRS, FARS, DFARS, DOSAR, DTAR, ITAR, UCP 500, etc. Request for Proposal (RFP/RFQ) outlines, writing and submission requirements. CCR Registrations, ORCA compliance and SBA submissions. Consultancy in relationship development and marketing to Federal, Foreign, State and Local Governments, corporate entities.

25 years as a Prime Contractor with the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of State, FEMA, DHS and additional Federal Agencies. 22 years independent consulting in business intelligence and continuity, program management, proposal development, GSA Schedules and Awards, copyright and trademark administration, international trade.

Boeing Aerospace, Securitas, Triple Canopy, Raytheon, U.S. Dept. of State, U.S. Army (Europe), CENTCOM, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, Department of Homeland Security, FEMA, Virginia and D.C. Air National Guard, Governments of Afghanistan, Australia, Jordan, , New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Republic of China (Taiwan).