Government Contracting/what is this term...

Hi Gerry, how are you doing. I was wondering if you know what it means by professional use and also business use on workstations, does any of them include or mean commercial use in other words? I tried searching online for it but no convincing info. so I hope to receive a reply from you. thanks for reading and good day.

Hi Tim,

Apologies for response delay, your inquiry was routed to spam folder.

I'm going to assume your inquiry relates to "product / software / application" or similar is intended for use on workstations.

This generally applies to networked computer systems, for which the requirement is that the product / service being requested is deployable on multiple computer "terminals / workstations" and licensing fees may also be a component of the requirement.

Again this is a generalization, as your exact definition is not specific enough to invoke a more direct reply.

I hope this helps,

Best Regards,
Gerry Caskey

Government Contracting

Gerry Caskey

Questions relating to all aspects of Federal Government Contracting, Small Business, Prime and Subcontracting issues. Resources and references to aid navigation of CFRS, FARS, DFARS, DOSAR, DTAR, ITAR, UCP 500, etc. Request for Proposal (RFP/RFQ) outlines, writing and submission requirements. CCR Registrations, ORCA compliance and SBA submissions. Consultancy in relationship development and marketing to Federal, Foreign, State and Local Governments, corporate entities.

25 years as a Prime Contractor with the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of State, FEMA, DHS and additional Federal Agencies. 22 years independent consulting in business intelligence and continuity, program management, proposal development, GSA Schedules and Awards, copyright and trademark administration, international trade.

Boeing Aerospace, Securitas, Triple Canopy, Raytheon, U.S. Dept. of State, U.S. Army (Europe), CENTCOM, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, Department of Homeland Security, FEMA, Virginia and D.C. Air National Guard, Governments of Afghanistan, Australia, Jordan, , New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Republic of China (Taiwan).