US Government Information/Government

Question
In Social Studies we were given an assignment about writing a bill. The problem is the bill has to be about how to help people (in the U.S.) with their flooding problems. I don't understand how the government can help this issue...

Answer
This is not my area of expertise, but I know in Florida where flood insurance is mandated, the cost is going sky high because the government had been subsidizing the premiums paid for flood insurance and now that subsidy is stopping.  Maybe you could write a bill about how the government will help people that live on the coast with the cost of flood insurance or replacement of items after floods caused by only hurricanes.  

I suggest you google flood insurance in coastal areas and this should give you some good information. Good luck

US Government Information

Darlene Oldendick