You are here:

US Government Information/Reinstatement of Medicare Part B


When signing up for her Social Security at age 70 my wife inadvertently checked the box for declining Medicare Part B. We  contacted SS and can't get an answer. The best response is that the request is in the system. It has been in the system since July. What can we do to expedite this process and get her
re-enrolled in Part B?

Thanks for your help.

Did your wife have an employer group health plan based on current work?  When did the work end?   When did she file her application for benefits?  Did she file at age 66 and use voluntary suspension until age 70?  When did she enroll in Medicare Hospital insurance?   The date should be on her card. I need this information to answer your question. Thank You

US Government Information

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Darlene Oldendick


Social Security retirement planning and all questions about Social Security eligibility and entitlement.


Worked for the Social Security Administration for 33 years


33 years employment with the Social Security Administration

Awards and Honors
Many outstanding performance awards while employed at the Social Security Administration

©2017 All rights reserved.