You are here:

US Government Information/Social Security Conserved Funds


It has been over a year since we returned "conserved" funds to Social Security for our daughter.  She is entering her second year of college and Social Security still has not sent the funds to her.  It appears that she may have to take out a loan to get through this next year of college.  We have called SS numerous times.  We were told a couple of months ago that sending her the check is not a priority for them. It's been a year. What can we do to get her money?  Thanks in advance.

We suggest that you visit your local office and request the manager do a manager to manager request to the payment center to get this paid.  While it may not be their priority, two years is not acceptable by any means.  You can also contact your congressmans office and request they do an inquiry on your daughters behalf. She will need to sign a release for the congressional inquiry.  

US Government Information

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Darlene Oldendick


Social Security retirement planning and all questions about Social Security eligibility and entitlement.


Worked for the Social Security Administration for 33 years


33 years employment with the Social Security Administration

Awards and Honors
Many outstanding performance awards while employed at the Social Security Administration

©2017 All rights reserved.