Grandparenting/My 9 year old Grandson

Afinefrenzy wrote at 2014-04-12 19:40:00
Before you start jumping to conclusions, go and talk to your son first, after all he IS your son. Perhaps home isn't up to you standards because his wife is depressed/misses her husband.Sounds like too much money is being spent on petrol, perhaps spend a weekend with them in city closer to where he works pointing out the possibilities of neighborhoods they could move to. I'm sure the change of environment will be great for all 3 of them.

Jan Hayner

I can answer questions that have to do with all aspects of grandparenting. Relationships, Step-grandchildren, things to do, ways to help them, things you have control over and things to don't etc.

I am the mom of 4 and grandma of 8 (plus half of the neighborhood). I have been raising kids almost all of my life and had many experiences to refer to.

I belonged to PTA, Den Mother for Cub Scouts, Bluebird Troop Leader, E4E (Education for Employment) Committee Member, Volunteer at the local hospital in the Pediatric Department, and was involved with many other kids projects.

Life itself!