Grandparenting/custody

Question
I have temp custody of my grandson for over 5 years. My daughter has been a severe drug addict for about 16 yrs with many legal problems. She currentely is in a court appointed addiction home in fort wayne ind. She will be getting her first apartment next month. She has never lived on her own. She will be on probation for the next five years. She now wants her baby back. Is it possible. My grandbaby was born addicted to drugs. To make a long story short he has a sleep doctor,lung doctor,behavior doctor,ear dctor. He has a ot and speech therapist and a behavior therapist.I continue to give him a support team to assist with his issues. My daughter can only stay clean in an supervised environment. Her history will show that. I have fought for this babys life and im scared she will damage the process that has been implemented. We live in Anderson Indiana. We allow her to see the grandson under supervision with us. With her background is it possible for her to get custody

Answer
Hi Patty;
So sorry to hear about how things have been going for you and your grandbaby. He is very lucky to have such a great grandma to take care of him and raise him.
Call your local District Attorneys office and they will answer all of your questions for you. But with her record, it would be a long time before they would consider it. She has to 'prove' herself. It sounds like she will not be bale to do that for at least another several years.
I am not a lawyer, but did look a few things up for you. I do want you to talk to the District Attorney because he could explain it a lot better. Not only that, but then they would be aware of the problem and could forward you to any agencies they feel would also help you
Good luck and God Bless you for taking such good care of that little life.
jan hayner

Grandparenting

Jan Hayner