Graphic Accelerators/what is going wrong?

I know a little about computers and my church asks me to take care of its computers.  We had a Compaq SR217nx that lasted only a year before the video card started blanking out and coming back on saying something like "you have survived a ATX Radion failure."  We then bought a HP HPE-170t and it lasted like 2-3 years and the video started blanking out and then the whole machine wouldn't turn on.  I would fiddle with it taking out ram and resetting the video card and it would work for a couple of weeks and do it again.  This computer was a gaming high graphics computer with 6gb RAM and i7 processor.
  The only thing the computer does is to run Media Shout.  This program puts the music lyrics through 3 video projectors.  The computer is only used for a couple of hours on Sunday a week.   The video card has two outputs.  We have a monitor on one and a spliter on the other to the 3 projectors.  I opened this computer and the RAM was very hard to get out almost like overheating.  When I pulled the RAM out and replaced it the computer came back on.  Because we need dependability we retired it anyway.
     I just bought a new iBUYPOWER HORUS Series NE659FX Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-4300 (3.80GHz) 4GB DDR3 1TB HDD Windows 8.1 64-Bit.  It meets all the demands Media shout says it needs.
    Can you tell me how to keep this computer from terminating at an early age?

Dear Dan,
Thanks for providing the details and I think casing overheating is the cause of this problem; currently you are using iBUYPOWER HORUS Series NE659FX Desktop PC which has casing (RAIDMAX::Hours )  
Am I right? If yes then do install casing fans for Top,Side,Front because this casing support installation of these optional fans,
Top :2x120mm or 1x140mm fan
Visit Cooler master or Thermaltake websites for choosing & buying fans,

Also install Hard disk sentinel software it will show you computer hard disk temperatures and you will notice that after installing cooling fans casing temperature will be within safe zones. For your guidance graphics card temperature safe zone is 50 ~60 degree Celsius & Hard Drive is 30 ~40

Graphic Accelerators

Salman Zeb Khan

I can answer questions related to Graphics cards hardware and software and upgrade advice for both Nvidia and Ati. I can't answer questions which involve hardware troubleshooting or software errors for these questions please refer to Graphics card manufacturer support.

I have a vast experience of Graphics card upgrading and I know the PC graphics cards scenario since 1994.

I have done Electrical Engineering and MBA