Great Danes/accidents in the house

Question
I have an 8 month old male Dane, he was almost completely potty trained but about 2 weeks ago he was neutered now he is having accidents in the house. Urine and stool. He had even had a couple accidents in the kennel. most of the time he can hold it all night, but goes out about every 20 mins or so and is still having accidents. Vet says everything checks out fine but I'm at my wits end with this! Help!

Answer
Rachel,

Your pup having accidents so close to surgery is quite common. The muscles may be having a hard time contracting and he may just be having a hard time holding it. That area is pretty sensitive for about 10-14 days after surgery. It sounds more to me like he may have a bladder infection or a urinary tract infection. I have not really had any personal experience with male incontinence after a neuter surgery but that is also entirely possible as well. I would have to do a little bit more research on that and get back to you. I will put in a call to my veterinarian and see what he has to say about it. I know this question was asked over 2 weeks ago and I apologize for the delay in response. Please post an update on his condition and we will go from there on something to help you figure out what is going on with his accidents. Thanks!

Great Danes

Paula Zaro