Great Danes/vomiting????

My great dane,TITAN is a year and a half old. For the past 4 to 5 days she has been really sick .I am confused to call it vomiting or something else.She pukes a whitish sort of a thing,looks more of saliva though.She has great difficulty in doing that and it seem to be really painful to her.She does that all most every 15 minutes.she does not eat and she drinks very less water.

Is she not holding down water and food or is she refusing to eat? It sounds to me like she may have a blockage. Is she still using the bathroom? Going number 2 specifically? If she continues to not drink water she will get dehydrated very quickly. I would get her to the vet immediately and have her x-rayed to ensure that she has not eaten something and it is not logged in her intestines it will most likely not make it out of there on its own. I would suggest going to the vet and at least eliminating a blockage as that can kill your dog if left untreated.  

Great Danes

Paula Zaro

I have a great love for this breed, and although this is an "expert" forum, no one person can be an expert in all issues in any breed. It takes a lifetime of learning, with new information becoming current and relevant often. I am happy to share the knowledge that I have, and if I cannot answer your question I will be happy to do research and ask peers in the breed for their knowledge and advice. I can answer questions on temperament, health, training, breeding issues, genetic issues. I will not answer questions about how to breed your pet and add to the pet population. I am a firm believer that the experts in the breed should breed, and families should enjoy their dogs from reputable breeders.

Show Exhibitor, Rescue Coordinator, Kennel Mananger, Training Manager, Partner in large Dog Training and Behavior Consulting Firm. Own/Train, actively Show the breed for over 10 years.

American Rare Breed Association, Cane Corso Assocation of America, Great Dane Club of Milwaukee, American Kennel Club Canine Good Citizen Evaluator, Therapy Dog Institute Evaluator

Basic Trainer, Intermediate Trainer, Advanced Trainer, Off-Leash Advanced Trainer, Behavior Modification, Behavior Modification Specialist, Canine Good Citizen Evaluator of the American Kennel Club, Veterinary Assistant, Kennel Manager, Adoption Coordinator