How to Have a Great Date/help

Question
Dear DW. i am a 20 year old male with no drivers license til November because of a dui. i have recently met an 18 year old girl on a social meeting app who lives 45 minutes to an hour away. we have talked for the past week or so and she says she really likes me and we are meeting tomorrow. she is driving down to edwardsville kansas to meet me which is where i live. and i need some ideas on what to do with her. she says she doesn't need anything special just something to get to know me better. Also she says she doesn't want me to spend hardly any money at all on her. i don't have a lot of money but i am helping her with gas and paying for our things but don't want to spend an awful lot on her in case it doesn't work out. Can you give me some ideas on what we could do together? And also i have always been a shy kind of person so i need to know how to keep conversations going with her with little to no awkward silences. any ideas on that also would be most helpful. thank you

Answer
Hello Daniel, Thanks for your email. I hope you get this answer in time. First of all, this girl sounds really nice and considerate. I don't know if you could figure this out in time but I would have recommended that you bring some other friends with you when you first meet her or she could have brought a girlfriend. It makes it easier to keep a conversation going when there are more than just you and her. But anyway, try to ask her questions about herself to get acquainted. Try to be yourself and not try to be someone you're not. Don't try to impress her. Just be polite and concerned about her.

Some ideas on things to do are a walk, go to a museum or something that is free. You could have a picnic and that wouldn't cost a lot of money. I don't know what else there is to do in your area but a park or think of something that doesn't cost much or is free. Good luck. Don't worry about romance but just try to start out as friends.

Let me know what happens.

Diane W.

How to Have a Great Date

DW