How to Have a Great Date/First Date

For a first date is it okay to give a flower or flowers?  I know not to give roses it's too strong of a message.  But I was thinking a single flower maybe a pink tulip, or lily.  I just don't know how to present it to her.  Do I just hand it to her should I put it in a vase.  I just want to make a good impression making her feel special.

Hello, Tom. That's a good question. I believe that giving flowers on a first date is an overkill, unless you already know that girl well before going out with her. Flowers should be reserved for someone who already likes you very much and not for a person that you are just starting to get to know.

How to Have a Great Date

I can answer questions about what makes a great date: places, activities, behavior that is attractive and unattractive with all the details and specifics that you will find useful. I can also refer to the common mistakes people make that sabotage their dates. Learn more about me and my work at

I had many, many, dates. I documented a lot of my experiences and learned a lot from it. I helped more than 20 people to become more successful on their dates in attracting their partner and keeping him / her interested and eager to see them again. I also published and sold over 50 copies of "Powerful First Date" audio program.

M.A. in Philosophy.