How to Have Great Sex/Intercourse & Menopausel Symptoms

Question
Hello:

I'm not sure whether or not you can answer my question, but I wanted to ask you nevertheless.

If a man's wife is using an estrogen cream for menopausal symptoms and uses estrogen inside of her vagina, what effect will the estrogen have and the man's genitalia (penis) if it comes in contact with the estrogen cream?

I thank you for your reply.

Answer
Hi, Kenneth...

You're right -- I'm a PhD type, not an OB/Gyn type, however...

I seriously doubt that you could get enough cream on yourself to matter.  I presume she's putting it on at some time other than when you're about to have intercourse, but even IF she were putting it inside right then, I suspect that you'd have to be having almost daily intercourse (and contact with the cream) to make any difference.

And, then there's the question of the amount and strength of the cream as it affects men.

I don't think this is a big deal, BUT -- are you sensing some change in yourself?  If no, then forget about it.  If yes, then you're probably going to have to discuss it with an MD.

Hope this helps and thanks for writing,

Bob

How to Have Great Sex

Robert Rubel, PhD