How to Have Great Sex/Female Orgasm

Question
Hello Robert

My questions are about female orgasm.

1- After about a month of starting a sexual relationship with my girlfriend, I have noticed that now it usually takes her a longer time than before to reach an orgasm. Is that just normal and common? And if yes, I wonder why (biologically speaking)?

2- What is the best way to know for sure if she has reached an orgasm once it is over?

Thanks.

Answer
I am not Robert but I will answer anyway.  It is normal for women to take longer than men to reach orgasm.  The average is often stated as 4 minutes for men, 9 minutes for women.  Some theorize that it is better for males to orgasm quickly since male orgasm is necessary to reproduction while female isn't, and if a male can orgasm quickly, he spends less time being vulnerable to predators.

The best way to know is for her to tell you.  After you have been active with a particular partner for a while, you can feel when she's having an orgasm.  You might feel her vagina contract or her glands release fluid.

How to Have Great Sex

Doug Adams, Ph.D.