How to Have Great Sex/frisky

Hi Doug,
I wanted to know what exactly frisky means. It's one of those words I hear once in a while but don't exactly know for sure. I looked it up and most sites say "playful, or energetic." I thought I saw somewhere that it also means "horny". I've heard frisky used in conversation in a sexual sense. So if someone is FEELING frisky, is it feeling horny? And if someone is BEING frisky, is that just sexually playful? And by sexually playful, is that just engaging in any type of sexual activity (penetrative all the way to simple groping or tickling), or does it mean sexual activity but with more of it or more energy? Sorry if this is complicated, but just a little confused.

Thank you very much for your time.

Frisky means energetic, or playful.  In the case of sexuality, it means a partner is up for more than ordinary in-and-out coitus before bed.  One of the partners feels like being adventuresome and perhaps experimental.  Of course, if it is said by an older person, it might mean they just feel like being sexual.

How to Have Great Sex

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I am willing to answer questions in all areas of sexuality. I have been giving advice to both males and females for over 13 years, and in that time I have answered thousands of questions. I advocate taking healthy practices into account in engaging sexually.

I have written the web site for over 13 years, taking questions from both males and females on sexuality.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions of the world.