How to Have Great Sex/Hymen

I can't see my hymen at all. I know it is intact bc my GP told me so. But when I tried to visually see it, all I see is this tissue that goes from under the clitoris to the bottom. I can't even see the vagina opening at all due to this tissue. Is the hymen under it or behind it? It doesn't look anything like the images in the gallery you attached.

If your doctor told you that your hymen is intact, then that is probably all you need to know.  Maybe next time you could ask her to show you the hymen with a mirror.  Even if you could see it, you certainly couldn't judge your hymen as well as the doctor can.

To learn more about hymens, see

How to Have Great Sex

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I am willing to answer questions in all areas of sexuality. I have been giving advice to both males and females for over 13 years, and in that time I have answered thousands of questions. I advocate taking healthy practices into account in engaging sexually.

I have written the web site for over 13 years, taking questions from both males and females on sexuality.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions of the world.