Greece/Piraeus to Patras

Question
Hello,

Just want to get some advice on going to Patras. We will arrive at midnight to Piraeus from the islands so have booked a hotel. The next day we need to get to Patras by 5pm for a ferry to Italy. From information I can gather is that we need to catch bus 420 to Kifisou and then another bus from there to Patras.

Can you give me information on the times the 420 leaves Piraeus, how much and how long the journey takes to Kifisou. Also can you give information on the times the bus to Patras leaves from Kifisou, how long it takes and how much?

Thank you.

Rosie

Answer
Yiasou rosie, thank you for the question,

The BUS #420 leaves from the Bus gathering place near the METRO station.
Thru gate #5 and across the street from the port. It runs as early as 0500.
Every 20 minutes in the rush hour of morning traffic.  takes about 45min to an hour
to reach Kifisia station.  Costs about 1 euro.  Tickets available at the KIOSK where the buses gather.

The bus for PATRA out of Kiffisia stn leaves early and often and all day.
first departure is at 0500 (cept Sat/Sun when they start around 0615).  Cost is right around 19 euro for the 3-hour trip to PATRA.

Another way to go would be the METRO to LARISSA train station. Located one stop past Syndagma.
Trains leave at 0600(IC), 0800,1100(IC) 1200 .   Cost for the "IC" is 12-euro, takes 3 1/2 hours and is a lot more comfy then the bus.  However, as it is August you can expect the train to be as crowded as the bus as a lot of travelers taking the same route as you.

Good luck and have a great trip.
Denny  

Greece

Denny