Greece/journey planning - Thessaloniki to Drama (Grammeni)

Hi Emilios,

It would be lovely if you could help me. I'll be travelling to Grammeni (near Drama) in the summer, and am finding it difficult to research public transport on the web.
Arriving on a Monday at 13:55 at Saloniki Airport. I'll probably have to take a taxi from Drama (or maybe Prosotsani). I would just like to know some timetables around trains or buses from Saloniki center to Drama.

Equally, I will need to be back at Saloniki airport on a Friday by 13:00. Again, if you could help me with some options here it would be very much appreciated.

Efcharisto poly

Hello Heike,

There are a lot of busses to Drama you can find all the routes in the following site.

It is the site of the bus station in Thessaloniki. The cost of the trip is 23€ with return and the duration is 2hours.

In order to go from the Airport to the Bus station you can use the bus Nbr 78, 78A and 78N It will take you straight to the station with only 2 euros! The duration of the trip it can be 45 minutes (depending the traffic.)

From the bus station in Drama you can go to Grammeni by bus, if you don’t want to spend money on taxi.
The time schedule from Drama to Grammeni is:
Daily routes 10:00 - 12:05 - 14:30
Sat. 10:00 - 12:05 - 16:30
Sun 12:05 - 16:30
Oh I am stupid …you are arriving at 13:55 on Monday, you cannot be on the14:30 in Drama! I am sorry you will have to take a taxi.

But you can use the bus for your return:
Daily. 07:35 - 10:45 - 12:50 - 15:15
Sat. 08:30 - 10:45 - 12:50 - 17:15
Sun. 12:50 - 17:15

NOTE It is the summer bus schedule (after 16/6)

About travels mainly in Macedonia (Northern Greece)or other places in the Greek territory. I can answer questions about the sites, traditions or the cuisine of the area, directions how to get to a location, about extreme sports (canyoning, rafting) To inform you about your transportation in Greece. If you need Information from someone who lives in Greece...

I live in Thessaloniki and I have made a lot of trips in the area

Banking & Finance