Greece/thessaloniki -litochoro-dion

Monday (25th may) i will have a free day in thessaloniki. I want to see litochoro and dion. Is there a possibility to go by bus thessalonoki-litochoro, litochoro-dion, dion-katerini-thessaloniki? I found a bus thessaloniki-litochoro, but no bus litochoro-dion. From litochoro should i go back to katerini amd go from there to dion?

ANSWER: Hello Radu,

I ‘ve contact the bus station in Katerini. It seems that you cannot go from Litochoro to Dion with a straight line. You need to go to Katerini and then to continue in Litochoro.

From Katerini you can go to Dion by urban bus  at:
7:00 Τ 8:00 09:15 T 10:30 11:45 13:00 T 14:45 T 16:00 18:30 21:30

Why don’t you start from Katerini? (Katerini-Dion-Katerini-Litochoro-Thessaloniki)

Have a nice time

QUESTION: Thank you very much for your answer!
i saw on the internet that is a bus at 9.30 from Thessaloniki to Litochoro. Do you think is possible (I will have the time to visit) to go by that bus, back to Katerini, than to Dion, back again to Katerini and to Thessaloniki?
Thank you very much.

Hi Again,

I guess you are on the way to Litochoro.

You need about 2hours to get there. Another 2 hours to see the place.
There is a bus from Litochoro to Katerini at 13:30 (30min duration)

Then you will take the urban bus to Dion at 14:50.

Everything is possible.

Good luck

About travels mainly in Macedonia (Northern Greece)or other places in the Greek territory. I can answer questions about the sites, traditions or the cuisine of the area, directions how to get to a location, about extreme sports (canyoning, rafting) To inform you about your transportation in Greece. If you need Information from someone who lives in Greece...

I live in Thessaloniki and I have made a lot of trips in the area

Banking & Finance