You are here:

Greek/Engish name Greek equivalent


James wrote at 2013-02-10 11:44:35
A friend who's a Greek Orthodox priest tells me that Haralambos is the equivalent to Robert- that is, 'Robert' is the Anglicized (via Latin) form of Haralambos, the way James/ Seamus is for Iakovos, or William is for Vasilios. I don't have much evidence for this, but a quick Google search reveals English-speakers of Greek origin named Haralambos who go by 'Bob,' the way many folks named Vasilios go by 'Bill.'


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Michael Barkas


I provide assistance in linguistic, literary topics of Greek and Latin covering, thus, the following fields: translation, grammar, syntax, vocabulary, etymology, morphology, semantics and interpretations etc.


Studies: University of the Aegean, Dept Rhodes Friedrich Wilhelm Universitšt Bonn

Magister Artium (Archeology/Linguistics) Bachelor (Latin/English/Greek)

©2017 All rights reserved.