Greek/my name in greek

Question
ive been loking for a good site to find out my name in greek and i found one here. im wondering if my name were zachary would zethos be possible in greek. if not what is?

Answer
Hello, Zachary.

The Greek version of your name is Ζαχαρίας, pronounced Zacharias - the 'ch' is hard, as in 'hat', and the stress falls on the 'i' in the penultimate syllable. With biblical and Christian names, there is usually an exact concordance of given names, so it's easy to find versions across different languages, including of course Hebrew and Arabic.

'Zethos' is the older Greek word for beer, so no luck with that one!  However, virtually all Greek given names have one or more diminutives; in your case, it would be Ζάχος, pronounced Zachos - a hard 'ch' again, with the stress on the first syllable.

All the best,
Corax

Greek

Corax