Greek/a proper translation

Question
QUESTION: Could you tell me the proper translation of the phrase "I'm his son" from English to Greek?  Thanks!

ANSWER: Hello.

"I'm his son" can be translated in two, subtly different ways.

"Είμαι ο γιός του" means "I am his son", but the use of the definite article "ο" (the son) carries a strong implication that the speaker is an only son.

"Είμαι γιός του", without the definite article, has the same meaning, but implies that the speaker is not an only son.

More subtly still, the first version essentially identifies the speaker, whereas the second version defines his relationship.

Corax

QUESTION: Thank you, Corax.  If you could translate one more phrase, I would appreciate it.  "love God" from English to Greek.  The context meaning to sum up what Jesus said is the greatest commandment.  So as if it was a command.

Answer
Hello again.

Rendered as a command in the style of the New Testament, in which the verb is plural ("all of you should..."), the phrase would be "Αγαπάτε τον Θεόν" - though you should be aware that that exact phrase does not appear anywhere in the New Testament.

In more colloquial modern spoken Greek, and addressed to a single person, you would say "Αγάπα τον Θέο".

Corax

Greek

Corax