Greek/translation from Ancient Greek

Question
Hi Corax!
I started a few months ago the study of the Ancient Greek.
Unfortunately I can't translate a full phrase! Help me please, with these five sentences:
Ὁ Θησεὺς εἰς Κρήτην ἔρχεται τῷ πλοίῳ.
Ἄγει, ὡς λέγεις, τούς δίς ἑπτὰ εἰς Κνωσόν.
Ώς οὖν λέγω, νόμος ἐστίν Άθηναίοις ἐν τούτῳ τῷ χρόνῳ.
Ὁ Θησεύς χαί οἱ δίς ἑπτὰ σῴζονται ἐν τᾐ Κρήτᾐ.
Ἡ τοῦ Σωϰράτους δίϰη γίγνεται ὡς τό πλοῖον ἔρχεται εἰς τήν Δῆλον.

Thank you in advance!

Answer
Hello, Valentin.

With the reservation that, as my profile specifies, I am not expert in Ancient Greek, here are your translations. The texts are not original, but appear to be student learning exercises - very likely quite old ones - centered around the myth of Theseus and the Minotaur.

Ὁ Θησεὺς εἰς Κρήτην ἔρχεται τῷ πλοίῳ.
Theseus travels to Crete by ship.

He is leading, as you say, the twice seven to Knossos.
["Twice seven" here is a reference to the seven young men and seven young women sent from Athens to Crete as tribute, so that a freer translation would be "He is leading, as you say, the fourteen youths to Knossos"]

Such, I say, was the law for the Athenians at that time.

Theseus and the twice seven have been saved in Crete.

The execution of Socrates will take place when the ship returns from Delos.
[There is a trap here: δίκη can mean "trial", but also "penalty". In this case, the execution of Socrates had to be delayed until the annual ceremonial ship sent to Delos in honour of Apollo (and in memory of Theseus) had returned to Athens. See Plato's dialogue, Phaedo.]

All the best,
Corax

Greek

Corax