Greek/Pronunciation of "Genévi" Switzerland

Question
How do you pronounce Genévi in Greek? I know that sometimes gamma is pronounced as sort of a "y" sound when followed by an e, but I have some conflicting information regarding the pronunciation of the city Geneva. In Greek, is Genévi pronounced with the soft "j" sound that it is in English or the French Genéve? Or is it said with a "y" like sound? Thanks for your help!

Answer
Hello.

The first syllable of the name "Γενέβη", the city, is pronounced with a hard initial 'y', as in the word "yak"; the final beta is, as usual, pronounced 'v'. So the whole word, with the stress on the second 'e', is pronounced like this: Yenévi.

Corax

Greek

Corax