Greek/Phoenitic Greek translation

Question
QUESTION: Mr.Barkas,

Could you tell me Sir please, what Greek phoenitic "GIEA"
would translate to in English?

Thank you.

ANSWER: Hi Sean,

thank you for asking. Sure, it would be "ΓΙΕΑ". Just a tiny difference ;)
Good day to you.

Cordially,
Michael

QUESTION: Apologies Michael, my fault, what I meant was what english word it would translate to. Or is it even a legitimate question?
I have conflicting answers, Phonetic GIEA, spoken greek, translates to Hello or Bye in english.

Thank you for you help, it's very much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Sean

Answer
Hi again Sean,

I see now. It's good to specify from the beginning what kind of word it is, as this saves time, too. I actually took it for an English acronym or whatever, that you wanted to have transliterated. The word is, actually, "Geia" or "Geia sou", not "Giea"; originally it is "Γεια (ΓΕΙΑ)" or "Γεια σου (ΓΕΙΑ ΣΟΥ)".

I hope this clears things for you. Have a good day once more.

Cordially,
Michael

Greek

Michael Barkas