Greek/Date Translation

Question
QUESTION: Hi Michael,

We are trying to get a genuine translation to use on a tattoo, but are struggling.
I would really like to use traditional Greek numerals rather than the modern 1,2,3 etc.
If possible, please could you send us a translation of

6th July 2014

Many thanks
Gemma

ANSWER: Hi Gem,

thank you for dropping by. If you want only the old numbers with the modern name of the month  (i.e. July in Greek letters) then it would be:

ς΄ Ιουλίου ,βιδ΄

Otherwise the original date in the ancient Greek system would look like:
"4th (day) of the mid-month period of Hecatombaion 2014"

which translates as:
δ΄ μηνὸς μεσοῦντος Ἑκατομβαιῶνος ,βιδ΄

or in capitals:
δ΄ ΜΗΝΟΣ ΜΕΣΟΥΝΤΟΣ ΕΚΑΤΟΜΒΑΙΩΝΟΣ ,βιδ΄

Feel free to choose or let me know what else you might want to have. Have a good day.

Cordially,
Michael

QUESTION: Hello again Michael,

Thank you for your prompt reply, I really appreciate your help.

We have been exploring some slightly different options which may or may not be right.

Please could you confirm whether or not either of these makes sense with regards to the date 6 July 2014;

έκτο ιούλιο ˏβιδ΄

or

έκτη ιουλίου ˏβιδ΄

or am I still best off with ϛ΄ ιουλίου ˏβιδ΄

Many thanks,
Gem

Answer
Hi again Gem,

the first text is grammatically wrong; the second one is correct, though. You may use it, in case you don't want number 6 in symbol, but in full text. My version had both day and year replaced, so feel free to pick the one you like.

Have a good day again!

Cordially,
Michael

Greek

Michael Barkas