Greek/Ancient Greek definition

Question
I read in many places in the Internet the quote "Wisdom begins in wonder" or "Wonder is the beginning of wisdom". Are these two a paraphrase of the original "Wonder is the feeling of a philosopher, and philosophy begins in wonder" that Socrates said?
Can you please give me the ancient Greek translation?
If you are expert in Latin I would appreciate a shot to them as well.
Thanking you in advance
Vasos

Answer
Hello Vasos,

the Latin version is "Dubium sapientiae initium".
Generally, many English versions of Greek quotes are not verbatim translations, but the outcome of a philosophical view in a condensed and variable sentence. For "wisdom begins in wonder" I found a Greek version of "ἀρχὴ σοφίας ἡ ἀμφισβήτησις", but this doesn't mean that this sequence of words is exactly found in the received text. As I responded previously, one needs the source to text in order to locate the passage where this is mentioned. It is a rather difficult work.

Hope this helps you. Have a nice day.

Cordially,
Michael

Greek

Michael Barkas