Greek/Ancient Greek sayings

Can you give the ancient script of the following:
(a) Plato 'Phaedo' - 91
False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil
(b) Plutarch 'Of Banishment'
I am not Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world
Possible Latin paraphrases will be helpful.

Hello Vasos,

this quote is again a concluding thought in the dialogue; in my sources it is found between 90d, 9 and 91a, 3 (TLG). At least in that part, there is no direct translation of the English text, but a discussion on the proposed topic. By using related vocabulary in Plato, I can reconstruct a Greek translation of the English version as follows (also Latin following):
---> Ψευδεῖς λόγοι οὐ μόνον αὐτοῖς ἑαυτοῖς κακοί, ἀλλὰ καὶ ψυχῇ νοσώδεις.
---> Falsa verba non modo per se mala, sed etiam animae malitia molesta sunt.

The second quote is quite known, but it is still mentioned from a 3rd-person perspective, i.e. "Socrates even better, said he was neither Athenean nor Greek but a global citizen, as if [...]. The passage is  attached in the reply. But to change it to the 1st-person perspective and reduce it to the English translation you'd say:

--->Οὐκ Ἀθηναῖος οὐδ' Ἕλλην, ἀλλὰ κόσμιός εἰμι.
(Latin)---> Non sum Atheniensis aut Graecus, sed civis mundi.

Let me know whether this helped. Have a nice day.

Michael Barkas

I provide assistance in linguistic, literary topics of Greek and Latin covering, thus, the following fields: translation, grammar, syntax, vocabulary, etymology, morphology, semantics and interpretations etc.

Studies: University of the Aegean, Dept Rhodes Friedrich Wilhelm Universitšt Bonn

Magister Artium (Archeology/Linguistics) Bachelor (Latin/English/Greek)