Greek/Socrates philosophy

Question
Is it possible to tell me in ancient Greek how we would say the following Socrates quotes (I found them in the Internet)? I know that he didn't write anything and I have never seen them before.
(a) "Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people"
(b) "He who seeks the truth must have infinite patience"
If you know Latin I would appreciate it if you can give me the closest paraphrase as well.
Many thanks
Chris

Answer
Hello,

first of all  both the sentences that you mention are simply attributed to Socrates who didn't write anything, just as you know, so that it is only thanks to  the writings of two of his closest friends and students, i.e. the philosopher Plato and the historian Xenophon, that we know his ideas.

So, both “Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people” and  "He who seeks the truth must have infinite patience" are  only an English  adaptation of what we read e.g. in Plato’s Apology or in other Plato’s dialogues referring to Socrates, and thus there is no possibility of quoting a real passage  from which such sentences  can derive.

Anyway, I can tell you how these fictitious quotes could sound in ancient Greek:

(a) Oἱ    σοφοὶ   περὶ  ἰδεῶν διαλέγονται, οἱ δὲ  μέσοι ἅνθρωποι περὶ  πραγμάτων, καί τε οἱ  ἀνόητοι  περὶ  ἀνθρώπων (literally, “The wise discuss ideas, mediocre persons discuss events, the foolish discuss people”, i.e. “"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people"

(b) Ὁ  ἀλήθειαν   ζητῶν   τῆς  δεῖται  καρτερίας (literally, “The one who seeks the truth needs patience”, i.e. "He who seeks the truth must have infinite patience") .

Best regards,

Maria
________________________________________________________________________
P.S.
I know Latin, but this is the category GREEK where one must ask questions regarding ancient Greek, not Latin.

Greek

Maria