Greek/Storge

Question
Hello,
I would like to know more about the meaning and the love word storge and if this "στοργή" is the correct way to write it.
Thank you

Answer
Hello,

first of all  στοργή is the correct way to write it in ancient Greek letters.

Such a feminine noun,nominative case, belonging to the 1st declension, is transliterated as “storgé” or “storgē” and means “love” especially in the sense of “familiar affection”/ ”family love”, i.e. the mutual love of parents and children, of brothers and sisters, of friends, of a tutelary god for the people, and rarely of husband and wife or sexual love.

The noun  στοργή has, in fact,  the same stem of the verb στέργω or στοργέω,transliterated as “stérgō” and “storgéō”,  both meaning  exactly “I love”, “I feel affection” just related  to the mutual love of parents and children, of brothers and sisters, of friends , of a tutelary god for the people, and rarely of husband and wife or sexual love.

Best regards,

Maria

Greek

Maria