Greek/pillar of the truth?

sorry for the typo in my previous question

1 Timothy 3:15
"if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth."
The Greek has the Definite Article "the" before the word truth;

Is the pillar the truth?
or does the pillar support the truth?

for example:
the pillar of gold
the pillar of THE gold.

In the first phrase, the pillar is made out of gold ;
in the second phrase the pillar supports the gold.

Does the Greek grammar mean
The pillar  is made of truth or
pillar supports the truth?

IOW is the Church the truth?

As I’ve already said , the last words in 1 Timothy 3:15, i.e. στῦλος καὶ ἑδραίωμα τῆς ἀληθείας literally mean “the pillar (=στῦλος transliterated as “stulos” ) and the support (καὶ ἑδραίωμα transliterated as "kai edraioma” ) of the (τῆς, definite article, transliterated as “tes”) truth (ἀληθείας, transliterated as “aletheias”)”, with reference to  “God’s house”, i.e. “the church (Greek, ἐκκλησία transliterated as "ekklesia")”, just to emphasize that  the church  is the  house of the living God, who is the pillar and foundation of the truth.

Therefore, in other words, ancient Greek text in 1 Timothy 3:15  says  that the Church, considered as a place where Christian people  gather, is the house of  the living God,  who is the pillar and support of the truth.

To sum up, since  the church is the house of God who is the truth, we could say briefly that “The Church is the truth” , but NOT that “The pillar  is made of truth”, for ancient Greek text does not say anything like this.

Best regards,

I'll be glad to answer any questions concerning ANCIENT GREEK. So, do not ask me please questions regarding MODERN GREEK as it is different from Ancient Greek either in spelling/meaning or in pronunciation.

Over 25 years teaching experience.

I received my Ph.D in Classics (summa cum laude) from Genova University (Italy) and my thesis was about ancient Greek drama (Aeschylus).

This expert accepts donations: