Greek/is the pillar the truth?

Question
1 Timothy 3:15
"if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth."
The Greek has the Definite Article "the" before the word truth;

Is the pillar the truth?

for ex:
the pillar of gold
and
the pillar of THE gold.

In the first phrase, the pillar is made out of gold ;
in the second phrase the pillar supports the gold.

Does the Greek grammar mean
The pillar  is made of truth or
pillar supports the gold?

Answer
Hello,

in the ancient Greek text of 1 Timothy 3:15 we read: …Ταῦτά σοι γράφω… ἐὰν δὲ βραδύνω, ἵνα εἰδῇς πῶς δεῖ ἐν οἴκῳ θεοῦ ἀναστρέφεσθαι, ἥτις ἐστὶν ἐκκλησία θεοῦ ζῶντος, στῦλος καὶ ἑδραίωμα τῆς ἀληθείας literally meaning:”.. These things I write to you, so that, if I delay,  you may know how men ought to behave themselves in God’s house, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth”.

Note that the last words στῦλος καὶ ἑδραίωμα τῆς ἀληθείας literally mean “the pillar (=στῦλος transliterated as “stulos” ) and the support (καὶ ἑδραίωμα transliterated as "kai edraioma” ) of the (τῆς, definite article, transliterated as “tes”) truth (ἀληθείας, transliterated as “aletheias”)”.

Also note that “the pillar” (=στῦλος, in ancient Greek) refers to “God’s house”, i.e. “the church (ἐκκλησία transliterated as "ekklesia")”, just to emphasize that  the church, which is God’s house, is the pillar and support of the truth.

As you can see, “the pillar of the truth” (Greek,  στῦλος τῆς ἀληθείας ) has nothing to do with “gold” or “the gold” since the Greek text does not mention “gold” at all.

Therefore all the phrases “ the pillar of gold”, ”the pillar of THE gold”, “ the pillar is made out of gold“ and “ the pillar supports the gold” are absolutely wrong and do not correspond at all to the ancient Greek text of 1 Timothy 3:15, as well as it is wrong to say that the Greek grammar means “ The pillar  is made of truth”  or “The pillar supports the gold”.

To conclude,I really do not understand the reason why you have supposed that στῦλος τῆς ἀληθείας (meaning “the pillar of the truth”) can mean "The pillar  is made of truth”  or “The pillar supports the gold”.

Best regards,

Maria

Greek

Maria