Grenada/Beach Bungalows

Hello Lucille,
I am a 59 year old, Caucasian, single male living in Tennessee U.S.A. I am searching to rent a super economical beach bungalow in Florida or the Carribbean area,(for the sake of cheaper airfare), for a couple of weeks or a month every year or so, during the worst of Winter weather...nothing fancy, just a hut or bungalow on or near the beach where I can relax, fish, read, and catch up on stuff and stay warm. I will be by myself. Not into night life, the club scene, or woman chasing. Just a simple, no frills or luxuries, primitive stay where I can get cheap eats, stay warm, and rest, but in a safe location.
I've found bungalows for low as $10.00/night on Corn Island, Nicaragua and beach bungalows in India for the same price, but I fear either getting robbed or the possibility of having someone plant drugs on me because they might dislike Americans, and then the nightmare or possibility of dealing with their legal systems and possibly a long prison stay.
Can you provide me with any recommendations or provide information on any links, books, etc. that would help me with what I have described above; preferrably in a country which utilizes a legal system as used in America?
I checked on airfares to some neat bungalows in Thailand but round trip would cost $1600.00. I think maybe Florida or the Carribbean area might be best economically.

Thank you greatly.

Mike E.

Hello Mike. I can only offer you information about Grenada in the Caribbean.
Grenada seems absolutely ideal for what you are requesting and need. It is safest island in Caribbean has a famous medical university for over 25 years that has mostly Americans attend, so the island is used to Americans, but it is culturally rich, the best beaches, family life, authentic food, great values, international law, it was previously British. Americans have no trouble here.  So look on the Grenada tourist board website.. our most famous beach is called Grand Ante Beach, where they are cottages for rent or research lance aux epines cottages, or jenny place, or beach palace on Grand Anse beach are all options for you.  Best wishes

Lucille Sylvester

Visit/Vacation in Grenada, Caribbean Destination weddings, Weddings in Grenada, Home stay in Grenada, Cultural exchange in Grenada (meet the locals) Getting around Grenada, Enjoying the attractions & sights of Grenada. Expert advice re: luxury villas in Grenada.

Grenadian National, owner of - owner of - Resident in Grenada. Brand Manager of Luxury Villa group, Certified Destination Wedding Planner. Ambassador Grenada Travel & Tourism.

Grenada Tourist Board, Grenada Hotel and Tourism Association, Spice Isle Toastmasters Club - Grenada.

Go Grenada visitor publications, Travel Guru UK, Wedding Channel UK.

Degree in Travel & Tourism, Entrepreneur and multiple small business owner.

Beyond Luxury Villas, Multiple International travel Agency's, Volunteer Teacher of "Tourism Education" in schools.