Growing your Business/Vision statement

We are a new IT company who provide different solution/services to clients. We have set our vision. Could you please check and let us know whether this is correct or not according to the meaning and definition of vision.

Our Vision
We exist to make our customers perform their business more efficiently and effectively by providing innovative technology based solutions.

Thanks and Regards,

ANSWER: Yes this is a business vision as defined by standard definitions.  However a vision is meant to define a company and be used to inspire both employees and customers.  Think Google's "Do No Evil" and Starbuck's "The Third Place".  Your vision is very wide, vanilla, standard and uninspiring.  Try something like "Making technology work for you in a most surprising way" or something similar and preferably shorter.

Get some yellow post it notes and a free wall.  Write down single words that you want to be known for in a brain storming session.  Start mixing them up until you find a phrase that is: catchy, short, inspiring and memorable.  Not easy but well worth it.

Just remember you want your customers to be inspired and remember it.  You want your staff to follow it.

Good luck.

QUESTION: Thanks for your reply Sir. My understanding is that, today our company is here and where do we want to go in future, that is what is called vision. Vision is something which is futuristic and can be attained in future. But here we are telling a word "exit". Is it OK? I don't see any target in this vision. May be my understanding is wrong. If you please clarify me again.

A company vision is the ideals that the company wants to aspire to, be remembered by and train its staff to achieve.  As I said before, the vision you presented could belong to millions of similar companies.  Try and be outstanding and different.  Try again using the method I suggested.  

Growing your Business

Lee Lister

I can answer all questions on entrepreneurship, business start ups, business problems and business strategies. I cannot answer questions on legal matters.

I am a Business and IT Consultant with more than 25 year's management and consultancy experience and 20 years bidding experience. If you are a serious entrepreneur and want to set up your own business or ensure that your existing business is more profitable then let me assist you. I provide consultancy on business start up, business strategy, business models, business planning, marketing plans, marketing strategy, branding, business tune ups, proposal writing and business improvement If you have a small internet based company, I would welcome your help in completing a survey and helping me with my Masters Dissertation. I am researching how a small company can build its brand and grow quickly using social media marketing. The survey takes 4 minutes and all information is confidential and will NEVER be used for marketing purposes. Thank you in advance. The link to the survey is below:

A prolific writer with 16 paperbacks on Amazon and other major book web sites, I also have thousands of articles on the internet. I write on business matters. I am a professional bid and business plan writer.

BA (Hons) Economics MSc Marketing Management , studying for DBA. Numerous business qualifications.

I am a current expert on this web site.