Growing Vegetables/Black on stem and branch joints of pepper plants

jojogreen wrote at 2010-06-17 03:42:45
In addition to the previous answer, sevin is a chemical; better yet try planting with Epsom salt first. add one tablespoon too a gallon of water and pour one cup in the hole before you plant your pepper plant then water around the plant lightly afterwards. (afternoon preferably), then repeat with the solution and water ounce every two weeks lightly on the plant and heavily around it  . Once your plant has seemed too have grown near maturity try a organic based pesticide found at your local walmart, lowes, homedpot...etc. has worked wonders for my bell peppers and tomato plants.

diane wrote at 2010-07-04 16:01:07
I too have the blackness around the stem/branch.  have you tried the epson salt and what sdid it do?

mr beekeeper wrote at 2012-04-18 03:37:34
If you have a hatred for honeybees, sevin is great. It will kill whole colonies. Just be sure to get the liquid instead of the dust, do not get on flowers and don't use on windy days to protect our busy bees. I would honestly look into an alternative.

vicki wrote at 2013-06-22 03:02:34
I also have black stem joints on my bell pepper plants. We have had many rainy days, and I think its from to much water.  The peppers that are growing on the plants look fine.  I don't know what else could have caused this.

Growing Vegetables

Don Battales

jalapeno pepper growing in North Thailand

1 year growing in green houses

BS Aerospace Engineering