Growing Vegetables/Watering the plants

Just simple questions on watering.
Is it harmful to vegetable plants if I use tap water containing chlorine for watering? If so, what is the best way to treat the tap water before using it.
Is it preferable to use rain water / water from the fish pond?
Is it harmful to water plants during hot afternoon or on a hot day?

Dear Yahaya,
The best way to eliminate chlorine content from tap water is letting it stand open for 24 hours.  There are also dechlorinating drops, etc. as used in aquariums, but usually 24 hours takes care of that issue.
I use both rain water and water from a fish pond, in that the rain water seems the closest to the design of our Creator, but fish emulsion is a great nutrient for the soil, so either is fine.
Watering in the heat of the day is not necessarily an issue, but water on the leaves in hot sunshine can burn the leaves and cause severe damage to the plant.  So, it's not the heat it's the sun on the leaves.  I know many people who lay a hose on the ground on a low trickle and have no problems at all.
I hope this covers your garden questions.
I wish you much success in your endeavor.
Kind Regards,
KD Liz

Growing Vegetables

Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger

I can answer questions about natural gardening. We refer to our type of gardening as Orthodox organic. We do not use chemicals of any kind for pest control or plant growth. I can offer information regarding the growth of herbs and spices, as well. I can also share some canning and freezing tips for enjoying home grown vegetables year round. Growing vegetables provides healthy benefits for the body and the mind.

We live on what I believe is now termed a hobby farm. We are Messianic missionaries and raise all of our own vegetables, and some fruit. The change in the grocery budget is absolutely amazing.

Last Days Survival Handbook, Simply Abundant