Growing Vegetables/deal pickels

how do you make deal pickles?
I had a receipt starting with a brine soak but i do not remember it.

Dear Joe,
This is how I make Dill Pickles.

5 lb. Cucumbers cut into Slices or Spears
2 Gal Water          
2 C Lime

Soak cucumbers in lime water for 24 hours.  Rinse 3 times, cover with clear water.  Let stand 3 hours, rinse well.  Make sure lime is rinsed completely away.  
Place in quart jars.

1/2 Gal. Vinegar
1/2 Gal. Water
Several sprigs of dill
Simmer vinegar and water in large kettle with some of the dill, for 10 minutes.  Add a sprig of dill, then poor hot solution over cucumbers in jars.  Seal as per canning instructions.

Kind Regards,
KD Liz  

Growing Vegetables

Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger

I can answer questions about natural gardening. We refer to our type of gardening as Orthodox organic. We do not use chemicals of any kind for pest control or plant growth. I can offer information regarding the growth of herbs and spices, as well. I can also share some canning and freezing tips for enjoying home grown vegetables year round. Growing vegetables provides healthy benefits for the body and the mind.

We live on what I believe is now termed a hobby farm. We are Messianic missionaries and raise all of our own vegetables, and some fruit. The change in the grocery budget is absolutely amazing.

Last Days Survival Handbook, Simply Abundant