Growing Vegetables/Tiny white worms in my butternut

Question
Hi there Mike,  I have a very tiny white worm in my baby butternut plants.  May I use your recipe of dishwashing liquid and oil for it?  I have no idea what this little critter is called.  Do you by any chance.  My veggie garden is organic.  Many thanks for any help you can give me.  Cheers Adrien

Answer
Adrien, these are probably squash bug larvae or mealybugs. The best organic insecticide for worms is BT, short for bacillus thurengitis. It comes in powder form and is very effective against crawling insects. You can normally purchase this at most garden centers or on-line through Gardens Alive or Planet Natural. These two companies specialize in organic products.

Good luck, and feel free to write back if you have any questions.

Mike

Growing Vegetables

Mike Mascio