Growing Vegetables/Broccoli water-repellant

Dear Elizabeth,
Is it natural for broccoli to be water-repellant? Or is it because of chemical sprayed on it?

Dear Choo,

The way broccoli is created and grows, it has a natural way to cause water to bead up on the florets and drip through the plant, gradually.  I can't offer much in regard to chemicals, because I don't use any on my garden.

Hope that helps.
Kind Regards,
KD Liz  

Growing Vegetables

Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger

I can answer questions about natural gardening. We refer to our type of gardening as Orthodox organic. We do not use chemicals of any kind for pest control or plant growth. I can offer information regarding the growth of herbs and spices, as well. I can also share some canning and freezing tips for enjoying home grown vegetables year round. Growing vegetables provides healthy benefits for the body and the mind.

We live on what I believe is now termed a hobby farm. We are Messianic missionaries and raise all of our own vegetables, and some fruit. The change in the grocery budget is absolutely amazing.

Last Days Survival Handbook, Simply Abundant