Growing Vegetables/Lima Beans.

Question
I'm growing Lima Beans indoors as part of an experiment. I tried germinating them 6 days before planting them and upon inspecting them I noticed a weird texture.  I thought they mushed, but now that I think about it, it felt more or less like a rubbery texture. Is this a good thing?

Answer
My thought is they have probably started rotting and will not produce anything.  How did you try to germinate them?

In my experience the best way to germinate seeds (or to see if they will sprout in the case of an old seed) is to put them in a plastic bag with a damp piece of paper towel in with them and place the bag in a warm place like on top of your fridge.  Keep the towel damp and the seeds (depending on what it is) should start to sprout within a week to 10 days if the seed is viable.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Happy Gardening,

Catherine
www.your-vegetable-gardening-helper.com

Growing Vegetables

Catherine Abbott