Growing Vegetables/weed control for a grden

Question
are there any spary on weed control products safe for a veggie garden.weeds are just unreal here due to the weather. everything i find is for everything green or just lawns. all i can find for veggie gardens are the granuals. is there anything out there that sprays on and kills weeds?

thank you

Answer
Hi Kathy,

How big of an area are you trying to weed?  I do not recommend any sprays as I promote organic gardening, however each person has to choose what works best for their garden area.  Pulling the weeds before they have gone to seed is the best option.

If it is a large area cutting them with a lawn mower or weed eater then till them under or use cardboard and mulch to keep the weeds from growing back too quickly.  This is great for pathways or areas not yet planted.

If you have planted the area already try to clear any weeds around each vegetable plant so they are not competing for nutrients.  Weeding takes time and energy, just start in one area and commit to 15 - 30  minutes a day weeding to try to get them under control.

Check out my page on weed control http://www.your-vegetable-gardening-helper.com/vegetable-gardening-weed-control. for more tips.

I hope this helps.

Catherine
Your-vegetable-gardening-helper.com

Growing Vegetables

Catherine Abbott