Guatemala/real estate license

I would like to get into real estate business in Guatemala. Can you please advise me on what the requirements are? Thank you.

Dear Clare,
In Guatemala to be a realtor you have to get a license from the  ministry of economy. For that you need to be a legal resident of Guatemala.
I'm myself a member of the Guatemalan Chamber of Realtor and we have appealed this license but it is still effective for the moment.
Are you Guatemalan?
Pending your comments
Armand Boissy

Armand Boissy

All questions related to real estate for Guatemala particularly in the area of Lake Atitlan. Invesment for retirment, rental, buildings, regulations,.... I live in Santa Cruz La Laguna, 15 minutes boat ride from Panajachel where I work. I have 2 little daughters (5-7) who go to Life school everyday. So if you need help to relocate or for a short experience in the lake area don't hesitate. Also I'm an official tour guide for the Guatemalan Institut for tourism (INGUAT) and I have an extensive experience of the country.

Living in the area for 18 years, a company Atitlan Solutions founded 2 1/2 years ago,experience in building private home, condos, hotel

Real Estate Chamber of Guatemala

Washington Post Magazin

Master in Polical Sciences From France