Guatemala/f/u to previous planning question

Question
What are the pros and cons of staying in the park of Tikal or in Flores.  We might want to do a sunrise tour, but I'm wondering if we stay inside Tikal since we'll be forced to eat all meals there, and limited other things to do, if it is worth it.  But I guess you can sleep later, than being in flores and having to drive to park for a 4 a.m. sunrise.  What do you think?

Answer
The advantage of staying at the park are
- you arrive on the site before the bus tours..
- less people
- for the sunrise if it is clowdy you won't see much
- if you like the mayan history and wants to take your time better to stay at the site

Flores...
Nice little island , great restaurant from the hotels on the shore
not much to do..
takes 45 minutes to go to the site...

Also it depends when you will be arriving at Tikal
If you are living from Guatemala city and arrive the morning better consider to stay at Tikal
if not would stay at Flores
Hope it helps
Armand

Guatemala

Armand Boissy