Guatemala/bringing in car

hi, can i register a 2007 car there and pay the taxes, i heard somewhere that if they car is over 10 years old or something like that guatemala will not allow you to register it there.  I am moving there in june.

Hi Steve,

Yes you can register your car here... and check the tax  at this link
Donwload this table Acuerdo  16-2012 Tabla ISCV

Yes you can't import a car older than 10 years.. it is a way to get cars in good conditions here in Guatemala and prevent
people to import old car from the US which are or in bad shape or polluting...

Armand Boissy

All questions related to real estate for Guatemala particularly in the area of Lake Atitlan. Invesment for retirment, rental, buildings, regulations,.... I live in Santa Cruz La Laguna, 15 minutes boat ride from Panajachel where I work. I have 2 little daughters (5-7) who go to Life school everyday. So if you need help to relocate or for a short experience in the lake area don't hesitate. Also I'm an official tour guide for the Guatemalan Institut for tourism (INGUAT) and I have an extensive experience of the country.

Living in the area for 18 years, a company Atitlan Solutions founded 2 1/2 years ago,experience in building private home, condos, hotel

Real Estate Chamber of Guatemala

Washington Post Magazin

Master in Polical Sciences From France