Guatemala/household goods to the US

Question
We are an expat couple.  Having cruised the Caribbean for a long time,it is now time to call it quits and move back to our home in the US.
We are on the Rio Dulce in Guatemala.  In planning this move, we come up with the following options, when looking for the best way to ship our household: (estimated at 40cu ft and 500 lbs.)
1. Postal service.
2. Take stuff along on the flight
3. Hirew a van and driver to get us to the US border
4. Hire a mover/shipper

Personally I prefer No 3.  Seems to give us maximum control over the stuff..
No 1 and 2 sound great too
NO 4 we are told will cost and arm and a leg.

Two questions for you:

Which of the four options  would be your choice
Is there yet another option, that we have overlooked, and that beats all the others_ (if yes, please elaborate.)   

Looking forward to your reply with much anticipation.
Thanks in advance,

Frank E. Minelli

Answer
HI Frank,

Postal Service will end up being very expensive..
Take it with you on the flight, you would have to check baggage allowance but you will be limited
to drive up...with your own goods... well borders are tricky and they like to see bills of the goods.. it will be long and tedious..
Hire a shipper.. well at least with them you will know ahead of times the cost.. and if you like it.. you can hire them..
I have just send some furniture for a friend to NY and it was not ship but worth all the dimes as he got his stuff quick and well taken care off.
contact  Gadalupe Mazariegos for a quote

guadalupe.mazariegos@cropa.com.gt

Best
Armand

Guatemala

Armand Boissy