You are here:

Guinea Pigs/scabs / sores on my guinea pigs


Melsy wrote at 2014-02-10 13:18:50
Tell your vet receptionist urgently- no appt needed. They should sell you a liquid with small syringe over the counter, 6 doses in the mouth for only $15. Verticillium  I think it's called, results show in one week.

Don't delay, very painful condition

Guinea Pigs

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


K L Gardner


I have hands on experience in caring for Rabbits and Rodents(including Guinea Pigs) for over 20 years, as well as pet store supervisory experience including overlooking the treatment of sick or injured animals. Rabbits and Guinea Pigs are my speciality. I have kept everything from Dwarf breeds to Continental Giant Rabbits and various varieties of Guinea Pig. I can give advice on husbandry, breeding, housing, diet, retail law, general buying your pet and what to look out for and health problems. I can also advise on bonding Rabbits and Guinea Pigs I do advise that if your pet has an ailment that your priority is veterinary help but i will answer questions where i can on pets undergoing treatment by a vet where a diagnoses has been issued. Ailments do need inspection by a trained vet to diagnose any health problems


I am certified in: Animal nutrition and pet care/store management level 3. This includes animal husbandry, hygiene, retail and animal welfare law, lagomorphs (Rabbits), Rodents (Cavies/Guinea Pigs Rats and mice and the alike), Reptiles and Aquatics. I have also attended a Reptile keeping course. I am also certified in general retail and retail law. I am at present writing books on both Rabbits and Guinea pigs I am a Rabbit and Guinea Pig keeper and have also rescued them. I am experienced in breeding both species.


Educated to store management level in pet care Educated in reptile care Educated in pet nutrition

Awards and Honors
Certificates in Pet care/Store Management Pet nutrition Reptile husbandry

Past/Present Clients
See website

©2017 All rights reserved.