Guinea Pigs/guinea pig

Question
I've noticed my 3 year old guinea pig, hadn't been eating and drinking as much as she usually does. she has just been sitting in her igloo house and hasn't came out, not even for her favorite treats. and she would usually squeak when she would hear a bag of any sort and she would always purr when i try to love her, now shes just lethargic. this has not been going on for longer then a week and a half, but its it definitely worrying me, is there anything i can do to help her?

Answer
Three years is still a young pig, so it's not likely that she's suffering from old age. Anytime a pig stops eating it's a worry. You aren't really defining lethargic and to me that means she has no energy and doesn't want to move.

Since you don't mention any other pigs I'm making the assumption that there's no chance she's pregnant, is that right? Sometimes sows get that way toward the latter part of their pregnancy, but obviously she'd have to have had some male contact for that to be possible.

I think it would be best for you to take her to a vet. I don't know what part of Nevada you're in but if you're anywhere near Las Vegas there is a couple of very good cavy vets there.  I wish I could give you something more to hold onto but I honestly feel this is a situation that needs professional help.  

Guinea Pigs

Pat VanAllen