Guinea Pigs/guineapig ear mites

Question
i think my guinea pig has earmites is there certian drops i can use or do i need to get something to give her oraly

Answer
Guinea pigs don't commonly get ear mites, but if you are really concerned about them you can get drops for mites that are made for cats and kittens.  Just follow the directions on the bottle. Usually one treatment is enough.

Guinea pigs can get mites in their fur. You cannot see them as they are microscopic. They burrow under the skin and cause a great deal of itching. Usually you will see a break in the coat where the pig has chewed herself and that's the telltale sign of mites.

You can get some spray or a dip for the mites. Just follow the directions on the bottle and one treatment will do the trick. Cavy mites or even lice will not get on you or your other pets. They will only go from one guinea pig to another. That's what is called species specific. Most animals get one kind of 'bug' or another, but if treated they are easily cured.

Guinea Pigs

Pat VanAllen